Student Town Hall Calls
The purpose of Town Hall Calls is to connect chapter leaders across the country to foster innovative ideas, to allow for peer-to-peer problem solving and support, and to develop a network to meet the mission of Best Buddies. On these calls peer leaders will work together and with state offices to better understand our role in the movement and to develop creative solutions to overcome common challenges and ensure longevity and success. Topics are geared towards either college or high school programs, altering on a monthly basis. These conference calls have structured agendas with quest speakers, but also provide a relaxed format where you are encouraged to share your stories and ask questions. Be sure to check out the topics we plan to discuss this year and sign up for the Town Hall Call(s) that interest you! The link to the sign-up page can be found HERE
*All calls will be held at 4:00 PM EST the first Sunday of every month (unless otherwise noted) alternating months between calls aimed at college students and calls aimed at high school students.
- August 2, COLLEGE: Recruitment
- September 13 (Labor Day Weekend), HIGH SCHOOL: Recruitment
- October 4, COLLEGE: Fostering Positive Host Site Relationships
- November 1, HIGH SCHOOL: Holiday Events
- December 6, COLLEGE: Re-engage and Re-energize: Planning events and developing systems that will help you welcome back chapter members and ensure your chapter stays strong during the second semester.
- January 3, HIGH SCHOOL: Re-engage and Re-energize: Planning events and developing systems that will help you welcome back chapter members and ensure your chapter stays strong after the holidays.
- February 7, COLLEGE: Spread the Word to End the Word
- March 6, HIGH SCHOOL: Friendship Walks
- April 3, COLLEGE: Keeping the Momentum Going: A look at exciting end of the year events, effective leadership transition, and maintaining membership
- May 1, HIGH SCHOOL: Keeping the Momentum Going: A look at exciting end of the year events, effective leadership transition, and maintaining membership
- June 5, COLLEGE & HIGH SCHOOL: Leadership Conference: What to expect and how to get the most out of your experience