November Fundraising Idea: Host a Concession Stand!
It’s time for our November fundraising idea – host a sporting event concession stand!
Hosting a sporting event concession stand is a super fun and super easy way to raise money for your chapter, while getting the word out about Best Buddies and supporting your school as well! Schools are constantly holding sporting events (football games, basketball games, baseball games, etc.), attracting lots of hungry fans. Schools often already have a system set up where local groups can come out and run the concession stand for the day, and proceeds directly benefit that organization. So why not take advantage of this fun and easy way to raise money!
A few steps to host your concession stand:
1) Start by approaching your student government, student activities department, or whoever serves as your schoolwide resource person in your school.
2) Ask about how you can host a concession stand for an upcoming sporting event (or school play or another type of event!). Even if there is not a formal system already put in place, ask how your club could start your own concession stand fundraiser.
3) Determine what you will need to purchase to make the concession stand possible. Again, this will likely differ school to school. For some schools, you may just need to show up and everything will be supplied for you. For others, you may need to determine exactly what it is you hope to sell, how much you will need to purchase, where you will do your purchasing, and how you will transport all the purchases to the event. Make sure you are following your school’s policy when determining this!
4) Have club members (peer buddies and buddies) sign up to work shifts throughout the concession stand. Maybe even see if peer buddies and buddies could attend the event when they’re not working!
5) Consider making a banner or handouts to spread the word about Best Buddies during the concession stand!
6) Come prepared the day of the concession stand and have fun! Bring all your supplies, music, and handouts; wear your Best Buddies t-shirts; and don’t be afraid to tell all your customers all about Best Buddies!
7) Determine your profits (make sure you covered any expenses first) and thank your club members for making it such a fantastic fundraiser!
We’d love to hear from you! What awesome fundraisers has your chapter held? Tweet us @bestbuddiesYLC.